Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Trimming the Budget

This morning as I was taking my son to school, in a 10MPH zone, I was passed into the oncoming by a van of 'good parents' (who were apparently dropping their son off) at and estimated speed of 25MPH....I watched as it drove off at even a higher rate of speed in the same 10MPH zone....all I could do was to shake my head and mutter some descriptive pleasantries under my breath.

So rhetorically, why have speed limit signs....anywhere...Interstates to residential zones..........nobody obeys them, and the police force is limited by budget cuts. Do away with them. I have no idea how much the savings would be, but 52 states x number of signs would, I think, be considerable...including maintenance and installation fees.

While I am at it, why not eliminate the yellow 'caution' light at traffic lights...again, nobody obeys. Just a muse.

No comments: