Thursday, January 29, 2009

A fragment of true sorrow


Hey look, as harsh as I might have been to you, I truly feel sorry for you and your family. The heart ache shows. But what I wonder, and what set me off then, and now, when you live you life of corrupt opulence, did you once think of the jobless, of those who where doing without, of those who were suffering. Did you do so on a Friday night Cocktail Party, or a Saturday Night Ball? Did you think about the kids on the South Side - the homeless - Christmas for the kids - the kids in the hospitals. No, I figure not. I figure Champagne, Brie, Caviar, and Mignon took precedent. That's what pisses me off Rob. That's what turns my sorrow and pity for you and yours to pure spite and a feeling of 'you got what was coming to you pal'.
(New York Times Photo)

No comments: