Friday, November 14, 2008

errgh!!!

just finished up with another project on here, so dropped in to drop out...another one of my joys lately has been peripheral neuropathy...I am told it's due to a combination of the chemo and degenerative disk disease (chemo accelerated prior osteoarthritis, resulting in stenosis in my spine...medical blah blah blah)...anyway, a short story long. My feet, consequently, feel like they are sealed in solid blocks of ice...doctor says it because the nerves are telling my head to turn up the heat, and it's absolute misery, drag-foot and the rest. I have this big right toe that is killing me with arthritis (oh yeah, the only toe I can feel on the foot...different nerve bundle they tell me), and is swollen to about twice normal size....anyway, I have this .357 magnum, and I've been seriously considering shooting that toe off.


A fellow guitar man had a mother who had the same deal and she had her toe lopped off with a knife....but then I've had people tell me 'hell man, you won't be able to stand if you do it'.......that's kinda' funny to me....it reminds me of a long gone time when a handful of us 'head cases' were sitting around debating the big debate...I said that when I went that I wanted to be roasted....cremated and then have everyone present cut a line of my ash and snort it...I had this friend Tommy Lee (no, not that one)...he said 'you're crazy man....I'm not snorting your ass!'....gawd that was funny then.....I half expect it still is. Anyway, I'll let you know how that turns out (shooting my toe)...if I don't miss


Hey, as a side-bar, I alluded at one point on here to 'Candy' from out on the island ...when I get up the juice I may parley that entire scene on here....it's runs fairly parallel to 'Candy' and that whole scene from Lou Reed's 'Walk on the Wild Side'....yeah man, I walked it.
Was just thinking...a friend we called 'Hippie' ...he was a whack...had a younger brother Paul who got really gorked on dilaudid and heroin (d's and scag we called it)....was so bad that on one occasion he was hurting so terribly that he scored and couldn't wait until he found clean water....Paul found a mud puddle - guess you can figure the rest. Anyway, Paul, he finally couldn't take it anymore...he found a shotgun solution in the upstairs apartment...that was the end of the days in those digs on the East side.


Yeah, that story....sometime I'll get into it....closer to the day perhaps, so that I won't have to look into the eyes of loved ones for so long after the fact...it's a bruiser

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Greggory, thanks for your email. Im sorry to hear that you are suffering so much. I see people that suffer everyday from all sorts of illnesses. It makes me very thankful for my health. I hope you are surrounded by the love and support of your family and friends as this is the only thing that matters.

Your email was very sweet.I thankyou again.

C