Thursday, November 13, 2008

Who Knows What This Was

Plagued by an overwhelming sense of dread recently…terminality or finality of life itself I suspect…and I just noticed that I tagged yesterday’s entry with tomorrow’s date…chronological dyslexia (I experienced this as a young child of maybe 5 years in preparation for a butchering then known as ‘tonsillectomy’)….not sure if that ritual is practiced any longer…after being administered ether, I was instructed to count backwards from 100 (i.e., the ‘chronological dyslexia’)…I think I made it to maybe 87…that’s a lot of ether I would surmise…and man did I numerically regress…why did I not count sheep I wonder, or fixate on a pleasant thought (though at that age I may not have had much in the library of conceptualism……another ‘ism’ I see)?

No comments: